1. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
2. Do regular balanced exercise during the day like gardening, yoga or swimming.
3. Meditate for 10 minutes during the day or before bed to settle your mind.
4. At the end of the day, take a hot shower or bath to relax your muscles and let go of stress.
5. Eat light, non-spicy food for dinner.
6. Journal at night to leave the cares of the day on the page.
7. Give yourself a gentle hand, foot or neck message to release built up tension.
8. Read well-loved passages from your favorite novels or poetry before sleep to put your mind at ease.
9. Spritz your pillow with a mist of essential oils that induce calm.
10. Create a before-bed routine such as a breathing exercise, listening to soothing music or taking a minute to reflect what you are grateful for. Your body will come to recognize this as the signal for sleep.